Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Writing the last book, Autumn Hush, of the four-book Winter Secret Series



Writing the last book, Autumn Hush, of the four-book Winter Secret Series, was bittersweet because I was writing the ending of the story that has been unfolding for several years. So often, I’ve compared writing a book and getting it published to the blessing of carrying a baby for nine months and then giving birth. Now that the series if finished, I’ll miss its presence in my mind and the daily challenge of solving the story and its many mysteries. I’ll miss the characters that developed throughout the sequences and am happy that I was able to end the series in such a satisfying way. Those of you, who have been reading since book number one, will be glad that you followed until the end because the last book is the best!  If you haven’t started to read the Winter Secret Series yet, you are in for a treat! For a brief overview of each book, check out my website, www.lindagatewoodbooks.com or find them online. www.amazon.com/author/lindagatewood By the way, I’ve started a new book called Timely Moment.  It is a romantic suspense, that you’ll love, but it won’t be part of a series, the whole story will be in one book. I’ll keep you posted about the story line.  © 2014 Linda Gatewood

Winter Secret, Spring Promise, Summer Truth (Pictured below)  and Autumn Hush



 

1 comment:

  1. The completion of this series seems similar to acknowledging that your "child" has grown up and it's time to let go. You've shown amazing growth as a writer through each book, evolving in your technique and style just as your characters have. Well done, Linda!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts