Sunday, October 6, 2013

Seeing Josh Groban!

Going to see Josh Groban in concert was quite an experience. My daughter, Jenny and I attended the first concert of his new tour “Concert in the Round” that took place in Boise, ID.

After a long drive to get to Boise and another hour of waiting in a vehicle line at the Taco Bell Arena to get into the parking area, we were about as excited as we could be, although annoyed at the crowd of people and cars.
We parked outside and found our way into a human line that ran down the road about two blocks long, four people thick. It was a bit discouraging because, according to our watches, we only had about 45 minutes until the concert started and it looked like we’d be in line for an hour and a half.

Jenny told me that it was never a good idea to follow a crowd, so, while I held our spot, she walked out into the parking lot beside our place in line (about 50 yards) to ask a parking attendant if there was another way into the building. I watched her, a mass of people continuing to form behind me in the line, until I saw her wag her finger at me to ‘come on.’ So I took off, walking as fast as I could. I could hear a lot of huffing and puffing behind me and when I turned to look, there were two-hundred people behind me, following me!

When Jenny saw me coming with the hoard of people behind me, her eyes got really big and when I reached her, she turned and we walked fast, still leading the crowd, past the four big plush personal busses that Josh Groban used, and I asked her, “Did you find out where to go?” She answered, “NO. That guy didn’t know anything.”  I said, “Then where are we going?” She said, “I don’t know.”
We raced past the ten semi-trucks that carried all the equipment that Josh Groban used for setting up his concert and, with the mass of people following close behind, turned the corner and – amazingly!- there was another entrance to the building! No one was there except a ticket collector. I was so relieved because I sure didn’t want to lead that impatient group of folks around the building in a circle back to where we started!

It was all worth it, though, when we enjoyed a remarkable presentation by Josh Groban and his assemblage. He is a great entertainer and his music is beautiful. It was a ‘feel-good’ concert and well worth the price, hassle and time. My next post on here, I’ll tell you about our experience as ‘Grobanite Groupies!” that took place long after the concert was over, out behind the building, along a fence, in the freezing cold, with dozens of women of all ages. Memorable!
© 2013 Linda Gatewood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts