Saturday, April 5, 2014

The gold in your gray cloud


There were only gray skies above. Clouds burgeoned with rain sailed boldly across my sky. As I watched them threaten, growing larger by the second, I saw a tiny shaft of gold peek around the edge before it darted away to hide, like a nugget shifting in the sand, among the puffs of gray above.
As my eyes searched for the tiny glint of gold, I was sure it would show itself again. I just had to wait and be patient. So, while I waited, I let my imagination fly up into the sky and sail around the peaks and puffs, my eyes sharp to catch all the ridges and valleys, the swells and dips, until suddenly the gray deepened and pushed me back to earth.
With my feet firmly planted on the ground and the vista of sky before me, I watched as the golden hue tinged the outer layers of clouds and grew until the whole sky lit up, bright with a shiny glare.

A gift just for me to prove that gray skies must sometimes be endured, but if we are patient, they will not only go away, but will be replaced with such a splendid vision of beauty and wealth that it will steal our breath away. So generous and beautiful is the world around us.
Always look for the gold in your dark clouds. Never miss an opportunity to revel in the glory of precious moments that wait patiently for you to notice. They beckon us often, and yet, how easily we ignore the small reminders of all the beauty that awaits us.
© 2014 Linda Gatewood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts